Wondering what kind of videos will hit home with your customers when considering ads? We have the top four types with a track record of success.
1. Unboxing Videos
Unboxing videos can play a huge part in helping to establish and strengthen your brand on TikTok. Giving your audience a chance to visually “try before they buy” encourages them to connect with your brand and builds brand trust.
Unboxing videos also provide the perfect opportunity to make a stellar first impression on potential or skeptical purchasers by exceeding their expectations of your product. Static website images can often fail to showcase the products in their best light, whereas an unboxing video gives users a birds-eye, real-time preview of what they can expect from your product.
Here are some tips for creating an engaging unboxing experience:
- Make your videos aesthetically pleasing. Stick to using bright, natural lighting and stay away from filters, effects, or special effects.
- Think ASMR. This oddly satisfying phenomenon builds positive feelings and associations - which is exactly how you want your audience to feel about your brand. So turn up that microphone!
2. Product Demos
It can be difficult to visualize how a product works before you have it in your hands. A demo video is an effective way to convert skeptical customers who are on the fence about making a purchase based on the information they’ve seen online. By showing the product in action, you give potential buyers a clear understanding of what their money will buy them and how it will benefit them.
Product demos should include:
- An introduction that explains what it is you’ve created and why people would want it (e.g., “I created this adapter because [insert problem here]”)
- A demonstration of your product. Show how to use your product and showcase the benefits it will provide to your customer.
3. Follow The Trends
Integrating TikTok trends into your ad content shows that your brand is invested in what resonates with your audience. By showing your brand's human side, you will be able to with the audience on a deeper level.
The “Discover” tab is where you should start looking for trends. This is where you will find a variety of current trending sounds and topics that you should utilize for your ad creative. You can also use the #trendalert hashtag in the search bar to find trending sounds for your next creative concept.
4. Behind The Scenes
At MAIUS, we truly believe in the power of storytelling and how it creates genuine connections between people. Using BTS content in your TikTok ad campaign leverages the human connection between your brand and your audience and builds brand trust.
Behind-the-scenes content doesn't need to be complicated! The more authentic it is, the more powerful it will be.
Here are some simple, yet effective behind-the-scenes video content ideas:
- Packaging your products for shipping
- Introducing your team members
- Milestones that your business is celebrating
-“A day in the life”
- A tour of your day-to-day office space
Remember, creativity is at the heart of what makes any social media marketing campaign successful—so go out there and get creative with your next TikTok campaign!